Thursday, April 3, 2014

Burgundy Snakeskin Midi-B5929



Hi there. Here's one of my projects from March. I had over eight yards of this burgundy snakeskin embossed faux leather in my stash. It was given to me by my sister several years ago. I even tried to sell some of it in my Etsy store back then. No one was interested. I'm glad they weren't. Since I'm on a midi kick I decided to give Butterick 5929 a try. I did a combination of views B and C. I wanted a waistband and pockets. I glanced at the directions when it can to the pleating, but ended up setting the pleats in a manner that works for my body. Yesterday, I had a business meeting to attend. This outfit clearly expressed my style in a room full of suits.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, wow, gorgeous, gorgeous skirt. The fabric is perfect for the skirt and you look great.

HeathersSphere said...

Fantastic looking skirt on you! I adore how you pulled your entire look together. Model-esque!

Valerie said...

Nice skirt. I am sure you brightened up that room!
p.s. Drop by my blog, you've won my April pattern give away :)

Sara said...

What an amazing skirt! You have great style!