I've had this pattern marinating in my stash since it first came out. I bought it thinking the low rise styling would save me the hassle of doing any alterations. The fabric (purchased several years ago) is a denim weight cotton, that I planned on making some sort of topper with. This is Naimah, one of my teachers and I'm going to her performance tonight. My girlfriends say I am too dressed up when we go out. So I'm compromising with this outfit. LOL.
Though the finished measurements are on the tissue, I cut my regular size, giving me enough seam allowances to alter. I did not make a sway back adjustment (I should have).
The pattern has two lines for cutting out the back piece. I use the outside line, but after taking the pants in almost four inches, I realized I should have used the inside cutting line (I've since made a note on the envelope). Since there are no darts, shaping comes from the back and side seam allowances, and the two piece waistband-which I removed because, it came up too high on my waist. I used a strip of leftover fabric to make a facing which I turned in and stitch down. The zip placket didn't lay flat at the top, so I inserted a tab (4th photo), stitched on a snap (spray painted gold) as the solution. I wish I had made a bias facing for the waist, (the brain cells were out to lunch) because that may have help with the gaposis, I'm experiencing in the back. A sway back adjustment would have help as well. But since I'll wear my shirts out, my "smalls" won't be on display whenever I bend down. I did taper the leg from hip to knee because I wanted a closer fit. Overall, I love these pants! They sit right on my navel, don't cut off the blood circulation in my thighs and the length and width cover my shoes. I hiked them up in the 3rd photo so you can get an idea of the width. I should have taken a better photo so you could see that but the resident photographer was still half awake when he took these. BTW-stained toe nail is a result of Vixen nail polish.