Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February's Recession Challenge: Notions & Trim aka Aladdin's Cave

I never met a bead, button, bauble, doodad, sequin, feather, bottle or can of paint I didn't like.  Kasmira's February challenge is right up my alley. I have a collection of stuff (I might be willing to part with some of it. Stay tuned.) Like Schiaparelli, I don't care for the plain and ultra-conservative. I bought these jackets, a few years ago at Target. I couldn't have sewn them for the sale price I paid. They are well made, with bound seams, workable button holes and they fit. I personalized them with trim. I haven't quite decided what to do with the green one as yet. I'm looking for something with burgundy in it. BTW-those are Chinese knot napkin rings in the lower left hand corner. I'm thinking buttons.



3 comments:

Kasmira said...

You did a beautiful job!

niksblog said...

Your jacket is wa-a-ay better than the one in the book. What book IS that by the way? You did such a good job to turn it into a funky jacket I'd be nervous I'd totally f-i-up.

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Thanks for the compliments. The books is called
"Art to Wear" by Jana Ewy