Wednesday, January 14, 2009

V2980



This top received high marks on PatternReview. It was easy to put together. I used a very stretchy velvet and could have gone down a size. Stretch velvet has a mind of its own and curls like my "kitchen" on a hot, humid day. I also lengthened the sleeves by three inches. Five would have been preferable. The next time I make this, I will extend the inside bra/modesty panel to be captured in the side seams. I am wearing it with M5238. See below for another variation.

6 comments:

Cennetta said...

Girl, You are rockin' that outfit.

Ambitious Sewer said...

Wow! That's hot..I am a little jealous now!!!

Susan said...

You are really working the combo! Fabulous.

Diana said...

Hello Angela,

I am from your new Sew Craft Blog Group 4. Just finished adding everyone to my blog!! Happy blogging!

Regards
Diana
http://djstoreroom.blogspot.com

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

That is a beautiful outfit!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Looks great on you! I also found that I would have preferred to lengthen the front facing thingy. Great minds think alike!