Friday, January 9, 2009

Flash back causes pattern diet!

A few years ago I sent Melissa a few patterns. Yes, across the pond. I was cleaning out my stash. Okay, I needed room for new patterns. Check out her link, then look at McCall's 5802. She did a fantastic job. The bones of a good design is what makes it timeless. 
I know the new patterns are starting to come out, but perhaps I should go on a pattern diet as well. I was culling my stash and found these. I bought them when I was stationed in Germany in the '80's. Don't the skirts and trousers look familiar?
The February issue of Lucky, page 33 says "with their abbreviated fit and tuxedo-style polish, waiter jackets are one of the best shapes for winter and the March 2009 issue of Threads published an article about revamping '80's patterns, page 80. A few small alterations and the jacket becomes very modern. 
I think I need to visit my pattern stash more often...

2 comments:

Meg said...

It's time for an '80s revamp, right? I've been looking at '80s patterns myself. But the shoulders and the sleeves definitely need to be altered.

Anonymous said...

My only wish is that I didn't make up more of what you sent me! It's a good reminder for all of us to shop our stash before buying more though...