Friday, January 23, 2015

Wardrobe Architect 2015-My core style

You would think at my age (53) I could define my style. Articulate it so clearly that there would be no misunderstandings. After struggling with some health issues that included weight gain I am just coming to terms with my new body. So there are a lot of things in a state of flux. I came across the WA project last year. I even created a note book. But that is as far as I had gotten. But I am bound and determined to get this wardrobe thing down pat. I always say I’ll start with the basics, then I’d bail. Too boring! But there are days when I regret not having a beautiful white shirt or a perfect pair of black trousers in my closet. I have a few don’ts/won’ts: trainers, puffer coats, jeans (trousers style, ok) sweat pants. And I have a few absolutes: gele(headwrap always), leopard anything, wax print anything, heels.

Inspired by Najah I'm embarking on the Wardrobe Architect 2015 Challenge. I’ll start with the exercises.  My style icons are/were: Josephine Baker, Marlene Dietrich, Naomi Sims, Diana Ross, DVF, Kate Beckett from Castle though I find myself drawn to Martha Rodgers' arty-eclectic style more and more. Judging from these photos, my style hasn't really changed in five years. I don't know if that is good but I think I'd like to get a little edgy. This should be an interesting journey.









 

 

 

 
 

 
 

 

 

1 comment:

Bald Belle said...

I think your style is wonderful. Maybe you're not a (plain) basics person :) I'm doing the wardrobe challenge as well only to sew myself a new wardrobe but I've realized two years ago a plain white shirt will keep the tag on in my closet lol. But a plain leopard, zebra, or pattern print shirt and I'll wear a hole in it. Can't wait to watch your style blossom.