Thursday, January 17, 2013

Stash Busting 2013-let's try this again!

You've heard of SABLE (Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy), right? This is one tiny portion of my stash. I don't need to purchase another piece of fabric this year. But let's try for six months, okay? I want to pay off my car by summer time. 

Emily and Cindy are hosting a Stash Busting Sew-Along. Too many ideas, too much fabric and too many choices lead to me getting nothing done. I think it'll be easier for me to work through the monthly suggested projects. January: Itty Bits! Sew up those remnants left over from another project, use up some of those tiny scraps that you've been long as it's less than a yard of fabric, it counts! February: THE LOVE CHALLENGE. March: Impending Seasonal Change. Regardless of your hemispherical location, the weather will be changing soon...what will you make? Something fun for the coming spring, or something cozy for fall? April: THE VIBRANT COLOR CHALLENGE. May: THE KNIT CHALLENGE. June: Containment! Get ready for those long car trips, summer outings or some good old fashioned cleaning and organizing! We're thinking bags, boxes, totes, purses, pouches, you name it; this month is all about making things to put other things in.


Carol said...

I'm glad you're joining in, I've missed you! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

velosewer said...

I'm glad to see you're back in the game. I loved seeing your creations because your fabric choices are always amazing. See you soon.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

What a great idea! I am occasionally seized with the need to make something from deep stash. This is a nice way to harness that urge.

Margaret said...

*mouth hanging open* OMG now thats a stash


Alethia said...

That ls a stash, wow!It must be the season for stash busting, lol! We are in a "stash smashing" sew-a-long at SMT.
Still in amazed at your stash, SMH!