Thursday, April 21, 2011

Neutral Territory


Sorry, this isn't such a great photo. I just had a co-worker snap it. This is first pair of khakis I have ever owned. I wanted them wide legged, high waisted and made from fabric with some stretch in it. These are Butterick 5221. They pretty much fit out of the envelope-though I should have done a short waist adjustment. I interfaced the fly area and used twill tape around the pockets. I should have interfaced the pants pocket area and made the pocket bag a bit bigger. But all in all, I am pretty satisfied with them. And I can wear them with all of my tops.

15 comments:

Aminat said...

Woooooh, this is one lovely pant, the fit is just perfect for you...What a great job you did....

Sheila said...

Great looking pants and looks good with your OTT.

narcissaqtpie said...

Nice! I'm loving the whole look!! I wish I could wear wraps to work.

Omega said...

Wow, really nice pairof pants, they look great on you!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Much more stylish than the average khakis!

Ann Made Studio said...

Wonderful fit and very stylish khakis.

Susan said...

This is a great picture! I think you look wonderful in your ensemble.

Dana said...

Those pants really look great!

Su said...

They fit so well!

Couture Carrie said...

Beautiful, darling!

xoxox,
CC

liza jane said...

Wow, fit out of the envelope! That's awesome. They look really nice. I like the whole outfit.

Another Sewing Scientist said...

Angela! Your wonderful present of Simplicity 2591 just arrived in my mailbox. I'm going to cut into my precious shwe shwe from South Africa to make up a version I've been planning in my head for a while.
Thank you again!
Vicki

Rebecca said...

Those are some nice looking pants!

Vanessa said...

Those pants are divine!

velosews said...

Great khakis. Thanks for the construction advice.