Wednesday, March 24, 2010

M5974-dress

This is a thin "oniony knit" I purchased at Joann's a year ago. Think it's red and white? No, it's actually a dull grey. No worries. I have some grey "pearls" I'll wear with and a grey knit cardigan coat I am currently working on. I'll re-post when I'm finished. This pattern was a dream to work with. One inch seam allowance and a lot of hand holding. If you're fairly confident about your body and the fabric you're working with, then cut it one size smaller than usual. I didn't have to do a full bust adjustment! It's close to be the perfect knit dress.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I just found your blog and I love what you are doing - you know exactly what suits you. And this dress is marvellous!

(Funny: your word verification module makes me U me gasp! true!)

Carol said...

I'm going to buy this pattern. It's the perfect dress. I love everything you've made. The colours are perfect for you and I would steal them from you if I could. I have been eyeing off a pair of grey patent leather slingbacks that would work with this dress.

velosews said...

You such a good eye for fabrics and patterns. I love the variety of great knits you're using. Love it.

HeathersSphere said...

Wow! I adore this sensational looking dress on you! You sizzle in anything you wear!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Gorgeous! The fabric choice is perfect and the fit is just sensational.

Carolyn said...

This dress is absolutely stunning! Want! The colours and pattern are absolutely gorgeous,and your plan to wear it with grey pearls... perfect pairing. I think I'll have to get this pattern.

Thanks for your comment!

Cennetta said...

Great print. The dress is perfect on you.

Sheila said...

I loooooooooooove your dress fabric, color & print.... and must work up that pattern, which I have. Did I say I love it.